Thinking about a cleanse but don’t know what to do? I have put together a simple list of a few simple and solid ways to safely and gently detox. You may want to pick and choose which method may help you. Of course, if you have any Medical condition, please seek help from a competent Practitioner before beginning any detox program.
1. Love your liver – Start the day off with 1 tablespoon or freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil mixed together in a small glass. This stimulates the liver and helps thin excess bile. Do this for up to 30 days in the morning at least 30 minutes before eating.
2. Cellfood – The world’s #1 Since 1969! Cellfood simply has all the bases covered when you add its vital nutritional elements to your overall detox helping strengthen the system. Start the program slowly, you may be more toxic than you think! When starting on Cellfood, I recommend 5 drops daily for 7 days and then slowly increase the dosage. You may want to try Cellfood Silica as well if you desire some further benefits – 15 drops at night, (10 drops of regular Cellfood in the morning as well will optimise results).
3. Water – Glorious H2O – I have written in the past about the drastic effect dehydration has on the body. You need to work your way up to 2-3 litres per day. Place 1/4 t.s of Himalayan pink salt under the tongue and slowly drink 2 glasses of water while holding the salt in your mouth. Do this at least once daily to balance your electrolytes and help you retain the other water you will drink during the day. Cellfood naturally helps alkalise water so feel free to use any pure water with Cellfood.
4. Juice – One of the fastest way to naturally build the blood! Use Organic where possible, of the following in any combination: Apple, Carrot, Beet, Ginger, Lemon, Parsley, Celery, Coriander. Dr. Richard Schulze spoke of the raw power of juicing to quickly build the blood and cleanse the system. On a supervised fast, juicing can be the most effective way to quickly cleanse the system.
5. Kung Fu’d The Master’s Cuppa – OUR NEW PRODUCT COMING SOON!
6. Sleep – Research shows sleep helps you recover faster and strengthens the immune system and helps remove toxins more rapidly. Cortisol, a stress hormone, is dissipated during certain cycles of sleep. Australians are more and more sleep deprived with our busy lifestyle. Try to maintain at least 8 hours sleep per night. Use Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower and hops in a tea combination for great results. Beware of over the counter synthetic sleeping pills as they mostly have side effects. (see your Doctor to discuss if you are on any prescribed Medications)
7. Try a Vegetarian 10 day ‘Power Cleanse’ – IF you have no medical considerations or concerns. Try eating nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables and drink plenty of water for 10 days. Keep the vegetables at 80 percent of the intake ratio. If you are not motivated and want to do something quickly, try the 5 day ‘Hollywood Diet’; eat fresh fruits and vegetables at the above ratio for 2 days then juice exclusively for 2 days and then the final day back to fruits and vegetables, with a slow progression back to normal diet over the following days. Ideally, I recommend you always eat healthy and clean. The reality is, many simply find this hard so routine detox programs will help.
8. De-stress – Make an honest evaluation of your emotional life – how are you doing? Have you felt hard done by? Effected by the Pandemic? Perhaps you have been passed over a promotion at work. Are you simply just stressed by life? Running the kids to school, working odd hours, last to bed, first up in the morning.. Take time to rest, de-stress and pray. Take time to book in for a massage – how does a 1 hour massage with essential oils, a steam room or a pure botanical facial with soothing exfoliating foot spa sound? (That’s it! I am off for one now!!). My personal encouragement is; do not sweat the small stuff! You are reading this because you care about health. Start with some ‘me’ time. You are too valuable and life is too precious to let stress overtake you. Forgive where you need to, talk with those you love, call someone..
9. Daily exercise – Try to walk at least 30 – 40 minutes per day 5 days a week. A good brisk pace. If you have any injuries, try deep water running/walking in the pool. It takes stress off the joints and makes you feel better. Urban rebounding is a great way to lose weight and detox. NASA concluded a study where rebounding was found to be the single best way to kick start your lymphatic system and safely raise the heart rate.
10. Less devices – (Oh right! I am sitting at my PC writing this.) Try to minimise the iPad, iPhone, laptop etc. Research has shown magnetic fields play havoc on your body, unbalancing the nervous system, effecting sleep and mood as well as being a potential cancer threat. Try to minimise the use of any electronic devices after 5pm as the screen lighting stimulates the brain activity. Try downloading f.lux from the internet. A free software program that automatically adjusts the screen hue to eliminate certain light spectrums that effect your brain activity. If you have to work late on a computer, try this program.All of the above are just some simple tips to help you on your way. I recommend seeing a good Naturopath for further advice. I wish you a healthy and safe rest of the year! It is a privilege to write this newsletter and I appreciate every one of you.
God Bless! – Dr. David
Master Fitness Trainer’s Corner
Not sure what you need to do to take your fitness to the next level in 2020? Here are the most important things to work on.
1. Train for a fun run: When it comes to body-shape change, strength training and high-intensity cardio are the indisputable winners. Start slowly and get professional advise if you are a beginner.
2. Learn to dead lift: To get big results you need big exercises such as the dead lift. It targets the hamstrings, glutes, lower back and core. A personal Trainer will show you how.
3. Go to your full range of motion: It’s a lot easier to do a push-up that goes halfway to the ground than a push-up that goes all the way to the ground. The weakest part of a push-up is at the bottom and this is therefore the part that needs the most training.
4. Do weighted squats: Strength training burns serious amounts of fat and tones your whole body. Squats are the first exercise you should do. Learn to do them perfectly.
5. Do twists: A controlled twist is dynamite for your core and obliques. Just make sure you do it with control and you don’t experience any back pain.
6. Show your body some love: In between all this training, book yourself in for some pampering sessions. Massage, sauna etc.
7. Work your core: Most people want a tighter tummy but don’t know what training is required. Focus on maintaining your posture during all your exercises and you’ll work your core.
8. Balance your workouts: Make sure you don’t just work certain parts of your body and neglect others.
9. Make your abs burn: The sayings “feel the burn” and “no pain no gain” may seem old school, but if you’re trying to get a six-pack and you don’t feel a serious burn when you work your abs, your chances of success are slim.
10. Train with kettle bells: Kettle bell training has infiltrated the fitness industry in a big way. It’s another option for strengthening and toning your body with whole-body moves that are actually kind of fun.
iHealth presents the information related to products & testimonials for educational and/or information purposes and not to treat, diagnose or cure any Medical Condition. iHealth products are to NEVER replace competent Professional Medical advice and as such advises potential users to consult their physician before commencing any nutritional program or undertaking dietary changes.