Detox the right way
Author: Dr. David J Hannaford N.D Date Posted:21 July 2017
Thinking about a cleanse but don't know what to do? I have put together a simple list of a few simple and solid ways to safely and gently detox. You may want to pick and choose which method may help you. Of course, if you have any Medical condition, please seek help from a competent Practitioner before beginning any detox program.
1. Love your liver - Start the day off with 1 tablespoon or freshly squeezed lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil mixed together in a small glass. This stimulates the liver and helps thin excess bile. Do this for up to 30 days in the morning at least 30 minutes before eating. Use herbs like Fenugreek and Milk Thistle to support detoxification. You can even brew Fenugreek seeds at a rate of 1 x t.s in hot water 3 times a day with meals.
2. Cellfood - After hundreds of clinical cases, Cellfood simply has all the bases covered for overall detox and strengthening the system. Start slow, you may be more toxic than you think! I recommend 5 drops daily for 7 days and then slowly increase the dosage. You may want to try Cellfood Natural burn if you desire some weigh loss - 15 drops at night, (10 drops of regular Cellfood in the morning as well will optimise results).
3. Water - Glorious H2O - I have written in the past about the drastic effect dehydration has on the body. You need to work your way up to 2-3 litres per day. Place 1/4 t.s of Himalayan pink salt under the tongue and slowly drink 2 glasses of water while holding the salt in your mouth. Do this at least once daily to balance your electrolytes and help you retain the other water you will drink during the day.
4. Juice - The fastest way to build the blood! Use Organic where possible, of the following in any combination: Apple, Carrot, Beet, Ginger, Lemon, Parsley, Celery, Coriander. Dr. Richard Schulze spoke of the raw power of juicing to quickly build the blood and cleanse the system. On a supervised fast, juicing can be the most effective way to quickly cleanse the system.
5. Life 2U Elements of Life Powder - The Ultimate smoothie blend. When I created this formula, I had everyday people in mind. The magnificent combination of superfoods are in perfect balance and designed for the everyday busy family. Simply take 2 heaped teaspoons daily in your favourite milk base in the morning or whenever you feel like a snack. The plat proteins in Life 2U help build muscle, satisfy hunger and keep you fuller longer. Great for weight loss and general well being, the added antioxidants will help reverse any damage from overindulgence during the holidays.
6. Sleep - Research shows sleep helps you recover faster and strengthens the immune system and helps remove toxins more rapidly. Cortisol, a stress hormone, is dissipated during certain cycles of sleep. Australians are more and more sleep deprived with our busy lifestyle. Try to maintain at least 8 hours sleep per night. Use Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower and hops in a tea combination for great results. Beware of over the counter synthetic sleeping pills as they have side effects.
7. Try a Vegetarian 10 day 'Power Cleanse' - Eat nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables and drink plenty of water for 10 days. Keep the vegetables at 80 percent of the intake ratio. If you are not motivated and want to do something quickly, try the 5 day 'Hollywood Diet'; eat fresh fruits and vegetables at the above ratio for 2 days then juice exclusively for 2 days and then the final day back to fruits and vegetables, with a slow progression back to normal diet over the following days. Ideally, I recommend you always eat healthy and clean. The reality is, many simply find this hard so routine detox programs will help.
8. De-stress - Make an honest evaluation of your emotional life - how are you doing? Have you felt hard done by? Perhaps you have been passed over a promotion at work. Are you simply just stressed by life? Running the kids to school, working odd hours, last to bed, first up in the morning.. Take time to rest, de-stress and pray. Take time to book in for a massage - how does a 1 hour massage with essential oils, a steam room or a pure botanical facial with soothing exfoliating foot spa sound? (That's it! I am off for one now!!). My personal encouragement is; do not sweat the small stuff! You are reading this because you care about health. Start with some 'me' time. You are too valuable and life is too precious to let stress overtake you. Forgive where you need to, talk with those you love, call someone, hug that teddy bear!
9. Daily exercise - Try to walk at least 30 - 40 minutes per day 5 days a week. A good brisk pace. If you have any injuries, try deep water running/walking in the pool. It takes stress off the joints and makes you feel better. Urban rebounding is a great way to lose weight and detox. NASA concluded a study where rebounding was found to be the single best way to kick start your lymphatic system and safely raise the heart rate.
10. Less devices - (Oh right! I am sitting at my PC writing this.) Try to minimise the iPad, iPhone, laptop etc. Research has shown magnetic fields play havoc on your body, unbalancing the nervous system, effecting sleep and mood as well as being a potential cancer threat. Try to minimise the use of any electronic devices after 5pm as the screen lighting stimulates the brain activity. Try downloading f.lux from the internet. A free software program that automatically adjusts the screen hue to eliminate certain light spectrums that effect your brain activity. If you have to work late on a computer, try this program.
All of the above are just some simple tips to help you on your way. I recommend seeing a good Naturopath for further advise. I wish you a healthy and safe rest of the year! It is a privilege to write this newsletter and I appreciate every one of you.
iHealth presents the information related to products & testimonials for educational and/or information purposes and not to treat, diagnose or cure any Medical Condition. iHealth products are to NEVER replace competent Professional Medical advice and as such advises potential users to consult their physician before commencing any nutritional program or undertaking dietary changes.